This post is also available in: EnglishReading Time: 2 minutes
Why Should I Bid On The National Festival Destination?
Its simple. Lets do the math.
For example, I BID $500 and earn $125 PLUS potentially SAVE $1000 to $1500 when my local destination wins.
Wherever you live, attending the National Festival has always meant, and will continue to mean, one of two different travel and cost experiences in order to participate. The time commitment and the financial commitment required to experience this remarkable national event are primary reasons why only the most dedicated and committed practitioners (typically, less than 15% of all members) have historically participated in the National Festival.
- When the National Festival is relatively near you, then driving in for the Festival activities will probably result in attendance costs of fuel, lodging (if you can't drive home each night), meals and registration fees totaling $500 to $700.
- When the National Festival is far away from you, then flying in will probably result in attendance costs of airfare, parking fees at airport, or a cab/friend taking you to and from the airport, a rental car or shuttle when you arrive at the festival site, lodging, meals and registration fees totaling $1500 to $2000.
Sooooooooo if I BID or PLEDGE $500 toward a National Festival destination that is near my students and if that local destination wins, then we can each Save $1000 or more by bidding on a local National Festival destination because we will be able to attend locally rather than far away if that destination wins.
AND with the Federation's win-win-win bidding policy and 25% bonus credit for every dollar I bid, then my $500 BID earns an additional $125 in bonus credit and becomes a total of $625 on my member ledger.
OR if I PLEDGE $500, then I can make small, affordable monthly payments to Headquarters over time toward the cost of attending the National Festival.
AND if the destination I BID for does NOT win, then I can get a full refund or I can apply my bid plus bonus toward attending the event at the winning location or apply it toward any other Federation products or services that I want.
Hmmmmmmmm…. seems like the question should be, “Why would I NOT Bid on the National Festival Destination?”
“Individual participation is the Key Energy necessary to strengthen our foundation.”
– H.C. Hwang, Kwan Jang Nim
"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; What we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal."
Latest posts by Phil Duncan (see all)
- Save $1000 or More By Bidding On The National Festival Destination - December 10, 2013
- U.S. Federation Recognized In Congressional Record - December 8, 2013
- What The Heck Is Going On In Region 8!? - December 6, 2013